Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Random random random

this is suppose to be a random post. and how lengthy is this depends on when my farm town finish loading =(

somewhat i'm regret- in order to save that 8+ bucks i got myself a 1Mbps internet plan instead of a 2Mbps one. and it's definitely slower than what i think i can endure (must be the over-spoil in Aussie). and it sucks when:
1) farm town takes forever to load (that's almost my one and only brainless entertainment, can?)

2) even when farm town finish loading, the connection server is lost and thus have to reload. average at every 10-15 minutes.

3) with such turtle speed, literature review at home is out of question. (but i'm loving it! leave your work at work and never bring back home okie).

4) even if i blog like now, i must constantly remember to Select All and Ctrl+ C, just in case after the whole entry went off, as i constantly see something like this:


(the font is small, but it says "Could not contact Blogger.com. Saving and publishing may fail. Retrying...".)

5) transferring files/songs/pics over msn is superrrrr slow.
(please email me instead and i will try to download the files/songs/pics when i'm at work (read below), which they use 100Mbps. it means 100X faster, theoretically).

6) paying bills online with slow connection is risky, coz when you send in the request and the page stop loading after a while coz it's too slow and you brilliantly click refresh, it sends in your request twice, and thus you make your payment TWICE. that happened to my previous Singtel mobile bill, which costs me SGD103.09 (i have some previous bills yet to pay). but twice, it means another SGD103.09. i can don't pay my bill for at least the next 2 months. but i'm broke now.

That's all i can think of (for now), then again i know i shouldn't have complained too much, but this is suppose to be some entry to kill time. so bear with me, please. =p

+++

talking about checking emails, all my mail box are flooded. =( the thought of checking emails freak me out with my internet speed. and i hardly have time during work.

1) my yahoo mail box is flooded with all the comments made after some pictures my friends posted and tagged. and i haven't really clear the inbox since then.

2) my hotmail is flooded with my own mail forwarded from my work email, since there are some problems with the printer settings and we can only print out documents from that particular computer BUT only with administrator log-in. but i'm not administrator for that computer. so i have to log in administrator account, but Microsoft Outlook won't be mine. so i have to use personal email. gah, hard to explain here.

3) my work email is flooded by my hotmail (sometimes to mail back to my account after changes made before final printing), my colleagues, and mainly, my boss, who likes everything in black and white and thus CC us in whatever email conversation with others.

4) even my FB mail box is 'flooded'. (not literally). but i have TEN messages there - it suppose to be a ZERO unread mail stuff.


Other than number 3, (oh well, i still check my work office mail no matter how busy, at least at the end of the day before i cheong home), i seldom check the rest nowadays. so if you have any files/songs/pics that you tried to send to me via msn but FAILED, do NOT leave your email subject as [No Subject], 'coz i will definitely miss read (or worst, never read). waste your effort. not a very good thing to do, eh?

the one and ONLY mail box which is still quite free is my google mail! ha, but i'm not telling what's the address, just in case i have more and more mail box to clear.

+++

i've been schedule and re-schedule my time slot/ experiments slot. end result? i do things spontaneously.

1) i spontaneously decide to go back to JB on past weekend as the training session is spontaneouly postpone to one week later. (ah, coz my sister is going back to Penang and my bro is back to JB from Seremban, so it's like, last get-together before their next semester break).

2) i spontaneously say okie and yes to whatever requests made by others. =/

3) i spontaneously re-schedule my cell culture experiment when i realize i forgot to prebook the biosafety cabinet the day before, and end up having dinner first and back to the lab for cell culture work.

4) i spontaneously decide to take leave tomorrow since there is lesser work (as compared to other days). hence here am i playing farm town + blog my time away.

+++

something totally irrelevant to this entry.
1) i lost my EZ link card. again =S

2) my colleague kjfivj* brought me to Paulaner Brauhaus German located at MWalk for dinner. nice nice ^^. and we are going again this Thursday.

3) i'm still listening to Penny's latest album. the longest ear bug announced.

4) i realize it's madness to read each and every 'updates' they have on FB, when i have about 200 friends. i think those have 500 friends either a) never read a single updates, or b) only read the first page when they logged in.

5) the microinjection training is fun fun FUN. albeit sophisticated, i believe we can do it! luck is needed as well, no doubt.

6) tbuptij* from Japan are bringing his parent to NZ and will be having their transit in Singapore. DINNER SCHEDULED. gosh, that's September and i'm so think that i'll forget when time reach. someone anyone can remind me of that?

7) i decided to just leave my desktop Marvin as it is, instead of trying to photoshop the eye to red.


with black eyes.
i had a terrible scary dream last night with the red eye one -.-"
DON'T PANIC!

p/s =) nice company online. thanks for the wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment